A literature review is considered as one of the key parts of your dissertation. The basic aim of writing the literature review is to provide an idea to the audience about the existing knowledge that is related to the topic of your dissertation. Most of the students are confused about the length of the literature review. The length of the literature review may vary from one subject to the other subject, but usually, it is the 25% part of your whole dissertation. The main objectives of writing the literature review in your dissertation are given below;
- It provides a survey of the subject area that you have chosen to write down the dissertation
- It is an important way to synthesize the existing information related to your dissertation topic in a summarized way.
- It also provides a critical analysis of the audience by identifying the gap of the knowledge in your subject area
- All the data will be presented in an organized way
No doubt, to write down the literature review of a dissertation is a real challenge for the students. If you are not able to write the literature review, then you can hire a dissertation writing service. The most important tips to write down the literature review are given below;
- Before going to commence the literature review writing task, you should clarify all the research questions. After clarifying all the research questions, you will be able to save time by reading the aimless content.
- As we know that there is a wide range of data regarding each subject is available. You just need to conduct an effective research in order to gather such a wide range of the data. After conducting an effective research, it will be easy for you to write down the satisfactory literature review for your dissertation.
- A common mistake that is repeated by most of the students is that they try to write down such data in the literature review that is not relevant to the topic of your dissertation. Therefore, you should try to write down the literature review of the dissertation with the help of the relevant data only. There is no need to write down the irrelevant data in it.
- After reading out the different resources related to your dissertation topic, you will be able to identify the various key themes. You should try to interpret all of these key themes in the literature review of your dissertation.
- You should try to adopt a critical approach to write down the literature review section of your dissertation. A critical approach means that the literature review section of your dissertation should be written with the help of the original analysis only.
- After reading out the data from the different resources, you will be able to get an idea about the possible findings of your dissertation. Therefore, you should also try to provide a complete detail about all the possible findings in the literature review section of your dissertation.